Thursday, September 18, 2008

Caen: La deuxieme semaine



Bonjour mes amis!


I haven't updated my blog in a while because not a whole lot has happened since the party Saturday. I'm finished w/ my first week of classes, which actually was a week of orientation classes. I was in a "limbo" class called 1-3 because the professors didn't know if we should be placed in A2 or B1. Basically B1 is for those who have had at least 2 years of French because the classes continue grammar work, but they also start teaching French lit and French civilization/culture. I really wanted to get into B1 b/c that's what I'm getting credit for at Baylor. And I did!!! I was really excited because I've only had 1 year of French, and my friends who have had 3000 level courses are also in my class. We have no classes on Friday, and 95% of the time we only have morning classes. I'm not really a morning person, but coffee is cheap on campus and then I get the whole afternoon off to shop, peruse, travel, etc. We're going on a boat party this weekend, which my Connecticut friend has aptly name the "booze cruise." Apparently that's from the Office. I have no idea. I'm gonna have a ton of fun watching drunk French students, seeing as I'll be one of the only sober ones there.


Pictures!

1. Me and a kebab! A kebab is actually like a pita bread sandwich, not something on skewers. We're guessing that kebab deals w/ the kind and style of the meat.

2. L'hotel de ville (City hall) w/ moi being a proud American

3. The macaroon hamburger

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That burger really doesn't look good....

-Taylor-

canadian_bookworm said...

Courtney that is the best episode of the office!!! :) Im so excited you got into the class you wanted!!