Sunday, March 18, 2012

"

Wow! What a day!

I checked out of the hotel and went shopping in the underground city of Montreal (so cool!). The hotel was wonderful and let me leave my stuff there while I shopped. I bought some new clothes for DC: 1 brown dress that is A-DO-RA-BLE, 2 chemises (bleu et noir), et 1 suit jacket that matches my slacks. I dropped waaaaaaaaay more money than I meant to, but hopefully it's a good investment.

After shopping I met Roxane (the girl I'm couchsurfing with) at Berri-UQAM station in downtown Montreal! Elle est tres sympa! My French got tested hardcore tonight, and I'm sad to say I failed. They speak so quickly here! I did speak quite a bit of French, but I didn't understand as much. Their accents are thick and they speak so quickly I get lost. We went to a play that was all in French, but fortunately I understood most of what they were saying. It was a theatre de la folle - crazy theater. It literally had no point and had parts of Dadaism at the end. I actually really enjoyed it, though the orgy scene was slightly awkward.

We walked around for about 2 hours all over Montreal, so I got to see a lot of the culture. Beaucoup de gens fument, trop de gens, si tu me demandes, et la mode est....different....Il y a beaucoup de femmes qui ont cheveux rouge, cheveux violet, cheveux bleu, cheveux vert...choses comme ca. Et les hommes and les femmes portent des vetements un peu bizarre. Nothing matches, it's all punk-like, and it's just strange. You can tell they're not American lol.

Fantastic night, and St. Patty's Day parade demain! Quote of the night: "Comment dit-on 'lip gloss' en francais?" "Uhhh lip gloss?" "Oh. Pas gloss pour tes chevres?" INTENSE LAUGHING. "Levres, pas chevres." "Ca va dire 'chevre'?" makes goat noise "Zut." more laughing "would you like to kiss my goats? (tu aimerais embrasses mes chevres?"

Best. Misquote. Ever.

No comments: